sound card drivers

Guest nick2003

Guest nick2003

Hi, i was wondering how i can make my sound card work with mandrake 9.1 and kde 3.1, ive got a sound card built into my epox ep - 8K5A2 mobo and ive also got a soundblaster audigy that i cant get working, ive found some drivers for the soundblaster but not sure how to install them i just installed linux today for the first time. thanks for any help

If the soundblaster card was installed when you first installed Mandrake, the driver is already loaded. You only have to increase the volume...

Look in the K-menu for AUMIX or in a consol type 'aumix' (without the quote). You should see the mixer GUI now. At the top left, there is a volume slide bar. Bring it to the right, you should now hear something when playing your mp3 in XMMS ...

Hope this is your problem...

MOttS

Guest Mojo

I have a Creative SoundBlaster Live sound card on a Epox 8kha mobo but no sound comes from my speakers, install went fine and both the sound card and onboard sound were detected. I had this problem in Windoze too but solved the it by disabling the onboard sound, I was wondering if there was a similar method under linux or any other way of making the sound work?

Guest Mojo

Thanks cannonfodder i did see that post but didnt read it all first time it looks like it could be quite helpful.

Cheers michel i will resort to that if the other way doesnt work.

Guest Mojo

Right that post was quite complicated as iam a total newbie (just ask aru) anyhoo if i plug the speakers into my onboard sound it comes through but when plugged into my soundcard there is nothing, i tried disabling onboard through BIOS with no success (couldnt see anyway of doing it). any other help on this would be helpfull. I checked the volume levels with aumix and they were all 50 or above, I would assume I could hear something at this setting.