problems with booting after installation (2007)

Guest harisp

i have installed madriva free 2007 without a problem. I have put it on my 2nd hard drive, but it will not boot at all. When the computer turns on it just gives me an error "no operating system".

I've tried going into boot setup and basically everything I've tried doesn't help.

Can anyone tell me what's going on?

When I put my cdrom as primary boot device and have the installation cd, it will work. When i click on boot from hard drive, it gives me the same above error.

HI there and welcome to the board.

You get the error because the system cannot find your grub start-up menu.

You say you installed on to your second drive, do you have anything on your primary drive as in windows or something?

Having gone through the boot set-up where did you choose to put the Mandriva boot record, as you can choose in the set-up.

If you have set your secondary hard drive as the boot drive in your bios then I would say your grub menu is on your primary drive.

As silversurfer says. Check in the BIOS to see which hard disk is set to boot from. It's checking the wrong disk for the boot loader, and that is why it's giving you the "no operating system" error.