anyone have tips to help avoid typos in code? ie, O,0,1,l

the main problem i've found since switching to linux is that I consistently misread letters that people post on websites (and i do it here all the time, even when people use "code"). This sounds really basic, but is there any way to always be able to differentiate a 1 from a I or an l, or a 0 from a O?? Will this eventually just become second nature? My current practice seems to be that I just look at the output while compiling, and if it keeps saying "unrecognized option '-02', that's my key to look closely at the code and say $!$&*(#@, it was the letter OH, not a zero!! at least O and 0 are usually somewhat different... but a lot of times i simply cannot tell a 1 from an l :oops: so... does anyone have any magic answers? or just "get used to it" ?

(oh, and by the way... anyone trying to follow directions to install apache2 at this site... be sure to use "O2" not "02" :lol: )

of course, it occurs to me now that i was just being stupid to have typed it all out rather than cut and paste.   :lol:   ah well.

its not stupid. you remember something better if you do it yourself rather than just copy-pasting. i do it all the time. :)

ciao!

Heh, this makes me yearn for the old terminal / dos days where zeros have crossed in it (the mathematical symbol for empty set), and 1 and l are clearly defined.

But yeah, now that my fingers are a bit arthritic because of typing too much, I see myself going copy-paste method a lot more.