Weird problem with Konqueror

Guest ralpha6

Guest ralpha6

First of all, I'm very new to linux, so take it easy on me. :D

I have a new installation of Mandrake 9.1 and while using Konqueror as my browser, I've noticed an odd problem. While browsing this and other forums, everytime I click on the icon that is supposed to bring me to the very last post in the thread, it brings me to the top of the last page instead.

I don't have this problem with any of the other browsers I've tried, but so far, I like Konq the best. I've also talked to a couple of friends that have just installed 9.1 and don't have this problem.

What's different on my box? Anyone know how to fix it?

Ralph

Guest ralpha6

Well it's good to know that I'm not the only one ;)

I've talked to a couple friends that have 9.1 freshly installed and it works fine for them. I actually have 2 separate installations of 9.1 and happens on both :roll:

I think that this will take time to figure out, its just a annoyance, not a konqueror critical bug.

So until many more people experience this anomoly, and report it, it will not be fixed.

You might try mandrake update and see what they have to offer, other than that, I have no idea. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
What's different on my box? Anyone know how to fix it?

The problem is that you are using a cable modem.

It will goto the last thread when I use sucky dial-up, but when I use the cable modem I get the same problem as you ralph. I have to scroll to the last thread or use page-down.

So either use dial-up :cry: or suffer along with the rest of us on your cable modem :D

I have no idea how to fix it.

Guest ralpha6

Thanks Bob,

That's odd, how just a switch to cable modem for you caused this problem. At least we now know somewhat where the problem lies :D

• 1 month later...
Guest ralpha6

I've noticed that if I click and hold for about a second before I release, that it tends to bring me to the last post instead of the first post on the last page. Go figure.[/b]