Urpmi Question... [solved]

Mitchell

Hi folks, just a quick question. A few weeks back I enabled the backport mirrors in the MCC of 2008.0. Was looking for particular updates, then after that was done, I disabled both the backport updates, and backports in general. Yet when the update applet runs (handy little red and white exclamation mark in my panel), it still picks up all the backport updates, which I do NOT want to install. What the hecks going on, and how do I get rid of this? Is there a way I can refresh this from the command line, or graphically? I've tried updating my sources through the MCC once I've disabled the backports, and they still show up? Odder still, when my update applet shows updates available. it only lists the official ones I'm wanting, but when I go to install them, I get a list of all the other backport updates. I'm sure there's a very simple explanation....

Thanks for that. Groovy picture by the way Arctic! The bug report you pointed me to Jim says that apparently this issue is fixed in rpmdrake-3.123, which is in cooker currently. There has been discussion about backporting it to 2008, but it hasn't happened yet. I'm impatient, and a bit irritated, so I'm going to try and install it from cooker and hope it doesn't crash my system... will let you know how it goes. And yes Arctic, I did try and clear my cache first, but to no avail. Still same problem. I suppose I could remove the contrib media from my repositories, but that means adding them again the next time I need them. Thanks folks.

~Mitchell