Winblows programming on Linux

Hi

This is a wierd request but i need to program my applications for windows, but want to write them in linux. The people who will be using my programs will be using windows, having them use linux is not an option. My compiled programs will run in wine, the problem is compiling them for windows, under linux. My editor runs in Wine but i just need to be able to compile them.

Thanks

James

I'm using C++,

Winblows editor is Dev-C++

Compiling on MingW

hi,

i dont know if i get it right, but you want to compile your code using MingW running on wine? if this is correct then you wine would be your achilles heel as it is alphaware. you might have better chances installing bochs, running win98 on it, installing MingW on the bochs-ed windows and then compiling your source from there.

this is one case wherein dual-booting would be pretty much welcomed: developing your programs in linux (c++/gtk|qt) and then when everything is alright, booting into windows and compiling them again.

ciao!

I have a dual boot Win98/Mandrake9.0

I need to program my programs for Winblows but would love to write them within Linux. In other words i don't want to use Winblows to write windows programs. Wierd i know, but i prefer linux and want to move away from winblows completely, Dev-C++ and the need for my programs to run in Winblows is the only thing keeping me on Winblows.

I don't think my computer is fast enough for Bochs, Pentium 2 300mhz, it's slow, not ideal for programming, but i have to use it.

i'd like to simply be able to compile my windows programs in gcc within linux so they either compile as windows programs i can run in WINE or they compile as native linux programs but will compile in windows under MinGW. Something like a Windows API but for linux, so i don't have to modify my code to run under linux would be great.

Use wxWindows. It is a MFC type C++ interface. It compiles in both linux and windows, just links to different files when on different OS's. Just make sure you install it on both computers and save the source in a file that you can read (and compile) on both OS's.

I need to program my programs for Winblows but would love to write them within Linux. In other words i don't want to use Winblows to write windows programs. Wierd i know, but i prefer linux and want to move away from winblows completely, Dev-C++ and the need for my programs to run in Winblows is the only thing keeping me on Winblows.

I think everyone is missing the point. Windows is a powerful force out there still and rcxau still wants to write programs for it, but not actually use Windows (which I applaude).

minGW is just standard libraries for windows platform programming. I'm assuming it can be included in a program compiled with gcc. Here are some downloads (no precompiled binaries, except for Windows and it looks like the latest release is only for Windows.

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.p...p?group_id=2435

Also:

http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.p...php?query=mingw