Can't connect to internet

Guest clarky_bass

Guest clarky_bass

Hi

my Toshiba TE2100 laptop had been running Mandriva 2008 for a couple of months now installed off the live cd, I have 2 network connections eth0 the internal ethernet adaptor and eth1 the internal wireless adaptor, both were working fine till a couple of days ago but now I can't access the intenet from the wireless adaptor, I can however connect to my router and access my local network, just nothing beyond that, by plugging in the ethernet cable I can access the net and if i boot into windows the wireless connection is working just fine.

any ideas?

Clarky

[moved from Software by spinynorman - welcome aboard :)]

Guest clarky_bass

my wireless card is "TOSHIBA Wireless LAN Card Version 01.01" it's the factory installed mini pci card

lspci output follows

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation 82845 845 [brookdale] Chipset Host Bridge (rev 04)

00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82845 845 [brookdale] Chipset AGP Bridge (rev 04)

00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801CA/CAM USB Controller #1 (rev 02)

00:1d.1 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801CA/CAM USB Controller #2 (rev 02)

00:1d.2 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801CA/CAM USB Controller #3 (rev 02)

00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 Mobile PCI Bridge (rev 42)

00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation 82801CAM ISA Bridge (LPC) (rev 02)

00:1f.1 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 82801CAM IDE U100 Controller (rev 02)

00:1f.5 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corporation 82801CA/CAM AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 02)

00:1f.6 Modem: Intel Corporation 82801CA/CAM AC'97 Modem Controller (rev 02)

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV17 [GeForce4 420 Go] (rev a3)

02:08.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82801CAM (ICH3) PRO/100 VE (LOM) Ethernet Controller (rev 42)

02:0a.0 CardBus bridge: Texas Instruments PCI1410 PC card Cardbus Controller (rev 01)

02:0b.0 CardBus bridge: Toshiba America Info Systems ToPIC100 PCI to Cardbus Bridge with ZV Support (rev 32)

02:0b.1 CardBus bridge: Toshiba America Info Systems ToPIC100 PCI to Cardbus Bridge with ZV Support (rev 32)

Clarky

• 2 weeks later...

It seems your wireless card isn't even seen as I don't see it in the lspci as above which I should do normally.

I would think that it's not connected to your machine properly, and needs reconnecting. Check the connections by opening the slot at the bottom of the laptop where the minipci card is installed and make sure all is OK. Then check again to see if you see it. You may wish to remove the card and check the connectors are clean as well if still having problems. It may also be that the card is faulty. Or does it work under Windows still?