Pc Suite Alternative

Guest mustking

Guest mustking

Hello,

I want to know that is there any way that i can able to use my mobile modem in mandriva 2008. Previously, i was doing so in windows xp with the help of Nokia Pc Suite... In mandriva i don't know how to do so. Please help, someone help... I have nokia 6680 & Nokai E61...

Edited by mustking

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I am surprised that there are not more answers to Musting's query. Is there no way to sync a Nokia smartphone with Mandriva? I plug mine on the USB port (Nokia classic 6120) and it recognises it as a mass storage device but I'd love to be able to Sync it with KDE's Pim suite...

Anyone??

:blink:

I have a Nokia E50, but this is relevant for you:

http://www.linuxscrew.com/2007/09/12/nokia...n-with-kubuntu/

of course the distro is Ubuntu or Kubuntu, but you can follow and adapt the guide and match the packages with what's available in Mandriva to get it working for you. Of course, it's not Nokia PC Suite, but it will allow synchronisation for Calendar and suchlike stuff. Never tried it, but thinking about it.

Look for a package called multisync as well - this might be what you need. I have this in Fedora 8, which is what I'm using now.