Openoffice network [solved]

orts

Hi All

Can anyone tell me how give OpenOffice permissions to go on the internet?

I have to install a dictionary for the Danish language. ( I don't master that either :P ), but evry time I try it tells me, that it appers I don't have an internet connections or that I shall give OpenOffice permissions to access the internet.

Thanks in advance

Regards

You can download the dictionary from any OOo FTP and extract it in the /openoffice/share/dict/ooo directory.

CLICKY!

Then you can change your OOo to use them from its settings... until the danish packages for OOo 2.2.1 appear at the Mandy repos. You may have to edit dictionary.lst by hand to add/remove languages (it's quite easy to understand its syntax), although the default one that comes at my distro does have entries for Danish.

Some extra info, quite interesting: HERE

You can also install danish menus etc, using THESE RPM's.

They do not (directly) work in any distro, but AFAIK they do work on Mandriva. If not, call back. I am the maintainer of the Greek language modules at Archlinux, and I do use these RPM's to make perfectly working installation packages for a non-RPM distro...

Openoffice wizards use some sort of java to download the modules, so you must have sun java, xalan-java or dunno what java you may have installed. Anyway, it happens pretty frequently these wizards not working due to a package configuration error (it's pretty easy to make such errors- OOo compilation is a very difficult and complex task).

Personally I always compile the latest OOo from source with my own mods (not necessary of course, but it's a nice exercise and also a good test for your puter's real computing speed... :P ), and I (almost always) leave those wizards outside, to reduce the package size. I also feel OOo is faster without them , but this is probably just a placebo effect.

Edited by scarecrow