epson perfection 1260 photo scanner ???

bigjohn

Hmmm, I think this may be normal.

My epson 1660 is recognised as such (I think I selected the scannertype manually), but in xsane shows up as GT-8300 or so..

Must have to do with the drivername or something; in my case everything works fine, including the transparency light that switches on when I select 'transparency' instead of 'flatbed' mode. So don't worry about it.

In any case, I wouldn't go through installing anything new/else for that. Note that there is no such thing as a GT-8300..

Wait!! just did a websearch (google) for: GT-8300 scanner

and the first hit shows this (didn't even bother to open the page):

VID PID Scanner ---- - 03f0 0101 HP 4100 03f0 0201

HP 6200 ... 1260 (GT-7300) 04b8 011e Epson Perfection 1660 (GT-8300) 04b8 0801 ...

So don't update or anything, this is fine.

Happy scanning! ;)

Ok aRTee, I'll just leave it at that for the moment.

It just means that I'l probably have to go through all this again, when my dvd powerpack of 9.1 finally turn up.

I wonder if it will be worth configuring it as a GT7000 (if that's on the mandrake supported hardware list - I haven't checked yet!) directly since it's such a nuisance to do it as a 1260?

regards

John :D

Just too finish this off,

Two days ago, my 9.1 dvd powerpack arrived from mandrakesoft in Paris.

So I install, make a cock up, re-install, make another cock up, re-install and "bob's your uncle".

virtually everything that i want is installed first time (some of the games I like had to be added) but it's just up to customisation now.

Even the scanner was detected and the correct versions of sane/xsane installed.

All that hassle that I used to have to go through to install my M$ fonts (I prefer Tahoma) installed through the font installer via KDE.

The only thing I couldn't fathom, was that I thought that the powerpack had Star Office instead of open office, but it seems that is only the "pro suite". Not that that's a problem.

So the answer to my earlier scanner problem all along was just wait for the f****** disc to turn up and not to be so damned impatient!

Thanks for all the assistance everyone!

regards

John