Making a DVD with k3b

javaguy

I kind of gave up on this in frustration a few months ago but am trying again.

Here's where I am: I've successfully generated my VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS. I open k3b and select new video dvd project, and dump the appropriate files into it. I stick an empty dual layer dvd+r disc in the drive and try to burn. It tells me fatal error, wrong medium type. :(

This same burner can successfully make data dvd projects with dual layer discs.

I don't even know where to begin looking. Any advice?

Thanks!

On the off chance that you haven't tried this:

Have you tried a different brand of DVD? My DVD Burner absolutely refuses to burn DVDs of one particular brand (can't remember which brand at the moment), giving the exact same error in K3B.

It sounds like you probably burn data disks with the same brand successfully, but there's still that slight chance...

Edited by Steve Scrimpshire

I have successfully created and burned dvd data to a dual layer disc with k3b. Is your drive a dual layer burner? Burning data onto dual layer discs with a non dual layer drive will work as only 1 layer is normally required. If your drive is a dual layer burner, then maybe a firmware upgrade may solve the problem.

This same burner can successfully make data dvd projects with dual layer discs.

Just to add more info to the other post here: I have an LG burner that is very particular about its media, it uses both dvd+r and dvd-r for data, but 'only' dvd-r for video. I have a NEC burner that will use either for data or video. So have you tried a dvd-r?