JK3: Jedi Academy Raven & Linux Port lobbying effort

Guest JaseP

Guest JaseP

LucasArts announces that they are going to be releasing Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy. Raven will be developing it (actually IS developing it, it's almost done).

It's scheduled for release on PC and EcchsBox.

I suggest we try to pursuade Raven to do a Linux port. After all, they are likely to do a Linux dedicated server. It seems only right to try to convince them of using Linux users for more than their patsies.

Guest JaseP

Elite Force 2,... hmmm

Haven't heard too much about it, only that it was to be set on the Enterprise E this time. I'd be more interested in a native Star Wars shooter, you know with force powers and such. Star Trek has limited coolness regarding weapons and stuff, nothing is so far from what you can get in Quake that it would be that unique except for the setting and uniforms, etc. Now they could really do a cool treatment if they included sets from all the starships in the series and movies, the ability to transport at any time (unless inhibited) and weapons like Batleths etc.

I like the Star Wars shooters because of the addition of force powers, etc., which gives the FPS a whole new dimension.

Elite Force 2,... hmmm

Haven't heard too much about it, only that it was to be set on the Enterprise E this time. I'd be more interested in a native Star Wars shooter, you know with force powers and such. Star Trek has limited coolness regarding weapons and stuff, nothing is so far from what you can get in Quake that it would be that unique except for the setting and uniforms, etc. Now they could really do a cool treatment if they included sets from all the starships in the series and movies, the ability to transport at any time (unless inhibited) and weapons like Batleths etc.

I like the Star Wars shooters because of the addition of force powers, etc., which gives the FPS a whole new dimension.

Well i would certianly prefer a star trek game over star wars if you could use the technology eg LCARS panels every where and transport etc..

Maybe send in a voyager doctor hologram in before you to bore your enemies to death :wink:

Let's not start a Star Wars versus Star Trek war here... We all know that Star Trek is much more idealistic and is closer to realism than Star Wars.... :)

Let's lobby for a port of both. Why not? I'll buy either, or preferrably, both.

Let's not start a Star Wars versus Star Trek war here... We all know that Star Trek is much more idealistic and is closer to realism than Star Wars.... :)

What would be nice is an open source scifi universe that can be used in commecial/non-commercial games/books/movies :D

Maybe a modified Vegastrike universe with more races.

I think star wars is cool too (the new movies are eroding this notion though). I pretty much like most scifi. star trek, star wars, babylon 5, star gate & farscape are all good.

What would be nice is an open source scifi universe that can be used in commecial/non-commercial games/books/movies :D

Maybe a modified Vegastrike universe with more races.

I think star wars is cool too (the new movies are eroding this notion though). I pretty much like most scifi. star trek, star wars, babylon 5, star gate & farscape are all good.

You forgot about Lexx....

/me ducks

Guest JaseP

Andromeda I like,... It's not very cerebral, but at least its action-packed and is Sci-Fi. With most Sci-Fi series tanking these days (Farscape, and current ratings for Enterprise), it's nice to know there is a Sci-Fi series with some financial muscle behind it. Besides, Andromeda isn't afraid to sexy up the girls on the show, no P.C. crap there, just good, old-fashioned testosterone pumping action.