wine for amd64 dual core

Does anyone know how to run windows .exe in windows "program files" folder?

I had tried wine and could do nothing. I think because of .i586 version of wine on my amd64 dual core. I installed this one, had seen icons at the panel but clicking on it did nothing.

Wine under x86_64 isn't as good as under x86, but still usable. But PLEASE notice that its scope is definitely not running .exe files right from your existing windows partition!

Before using it, you must run once "winecfg"

Wine creates a fake windows drive ( checkout at /home/valikhan/.wine ) and can install+run programs there- no other place (unless the apps are 100% portable).

Anyway, if you are really interested running a fullblown wine (or Cedega, or Crossover Office) then consider replacing your 64-bit OS with a 32-bit one.

Edited by scarecrow

Ok,

I'll try new 2008 32/64 OS's.

I am interesting in wine just to run only one application which is Pinnacle tvviewer. Because mandriva 2007.1 is a bit doggy, there is a bug with saa7134.

If 2008 has no such a bug (and others, of course) then I'll move to Mandriva fully, running windows in some virtual machine. I use windows in the office