Writing and playing home made dvds

Rowan

I am trying to write some movies onto dvds but I keep running into various problems.

k3b will not allow me to write in session mode onto dvd-r discs but I can do so onto cd-r discs. When I try to write dvd's I get the following answer: Your writer (DVDRW IDE H16X) does not support Incremental Streaming with DVD-R media. Multisession will not be possible. Continue anyway?

Is anybody able to tell me why this is so ? I can write in session on dvd+rw discs.

Also I am having to convert my movies to mpeg because that is what commercial discs are recorded as - so that I can watch them on my television and not just on my computer.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Thanks Surfer

I have had a look at qdvdauthor and I would like to know if it is able to insert 'breaks' (for want of a better term) so that "scene selection" can be used - just like on commercial discs. Is it able to do this or what program should I use ? Also I have found that I am not able to use fast-forward on my discs. Any idea how to make it work?

Regards