Joining wmv movie clips

Rowan

I am trying to join a series of movie clips together but I am having no luck.

They are titled like this: Abc Def.wmv.001 through to Abc Def.wmv.015 . Krusader tells me that the CRC information file is missing so it can't do the job. I have tried to use the command line but only seem to get 'file not found'.

Because these clips are in wmv format I assume that they were slpit on windows. Does being split on windows mean that linux can't join them up again ?

If anybody can give me instructions as to how I can join the clips I would be most grateful. Many thanks in anticipation.

Excuse me sir, but it does not seem like you are trying to join ANY video clips.

It sounds like you are trying to combine some downloaded files you got through P2P, and they are (most likely) rar chunks.

Commandline rarlinux can certainly enough handle split files created by winrar, but since your problem report is inaccurate and lacking, I will not suggest anything before you come back with a more verbose problem report.

Edited by scarecrow

Thank you for your responses.

Scarecrow - Because they are just a movie that has been split into 15 parts I call them movie clips ( a movie that has been cut into clips). Also they are NOT rar clips so unrar will not work ( I tried ). So the information that I provided initially was acurate ( I neglected to state that they are not rar files ).

I have tried 'cat' but just get 'no such file or directory' - it would seem that, because the title has 2 words that are seperated by a space and start with capitals, this causes the command to only look for the second word - and so I get the following response - cat: Def.wmv.*: No such file or directory.

I am currently in the process of trying to install HJSplit but I have hit a snag. I have been able to get it to the stage of being an executable file but, when I input './HJSplitLX' as instructed, I get the following reply -

./HJSplitLX: symbol lookup error: ./HJSplitLX: undefined symbol: initPAnsiStrings

Am I missing some file etc ( the libraries were installed first ) ?

I have managed to get lxsplit installed but have run into the problem of two sperate words in the file title. I have renamed all the clips but lxsplit tells me that it can't open 001. By the way the first clip is viewable but the rest are not.

I since writing all this I have read that file names must be one word only (only hjsplit can handle seperate word names) so I renamed all the clips and suddenly 'cat' worked. The second part of 'cat' was the destination file which must be stated. A couple of traps for young players I reckon.

Anyway thanks for the advice and if anybody can help me to get hjsplit up and running I would be most grateful.