recognizing Overhead Projector

Guest rrlane

Guest rrlane

Just to make sure there's no misunderstanding, I'm extremely new to Linux and while I'm not a programmer. I have Mandriva on my Gateway NX200S laptop. I'm trying to get it to recognize the NEC VT470 overhead projector I use for school, but I have no idea where to even begin.

I don't know what information is needed besides that. It has a Celeron processor, a gig of RAM, and a 82852/855 GM integrated Graphics device listed under Videocard.

Any help will be appreciated. If I can't get this working by Sunday at the latest, I'm going to have to reinstall Windows so that I can use it next week for the startup of school, and I really don't want to do that.

You will need to configure the video card correctly. These cards have dual heads, because you have the monitor screen of the laptop, as well as the external connection via the DSUB port. Therefore, configure the second head for 800x600 and then see if you can use the projector after this.

I've not tried it as such, but I know when I tried a resolution of 1024x768 it wouldn't work on the projector. If 800x600 isn't working, try 640x480 and go from there.