Access to WinXP NTFS hard drive [solved]

menendez

I just installed Spring '07 on the 2nd hard drive of a PC that also runs XP off the 1st hard drive.

Durng install Mandriva correctly found the XP install and added it to the boot menu.

However, when I open Konqueror and navigate to System -> Storage Media

I do not see the WinXP hard drive.

I thought Linux could read NTFS hard drives. How do I configure Mandriva to read

the 1st hard drive?

Thanks,

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

So I went the GUI path and followed the instructions with no difficulty. Then I opened Konqueror and sure enough I could find a folder icon pointing to my A drive. However, the folder icon also has a lock icon on it and when I try to open the folder I get a "You do not have enough permissions to read". How do I change the permissions? When I check the permissions tab under the folder properties it says that root is the owner and only root can change the permissions.

Thanks for the help.

Thanks, it worked (of course). But how do I set up the shortcut?

Assuming your desktop is KDE, right-click on the desktop and follow Create New ...-> File... -> Link to Application. In the General tab, give the shortcut a name. Next open the tab Application, and cut and paste the magic spinynorman's command in the line that says "Command". Click Ok, and the link/shortcut must appear on the Desktop.

Edited by coverup

Assuming your desktop is KDE, right-click on the desktop and follow Create New ...-> File... -> Link to Application. In the General tab, give the shortcut a name. Next open the tab Application, and cut and paste the magic spinynorman's command in the line that says "Command". Click Ok, and the link/shortcut must appear on the Desktop.

THANKS ALOT

:thanks: