The New Gaim

Guest Grimey

Guest Grimey

Alright I posted in the other section and I wasn't really getting anywhere with it so I'll give it a try here. :)

I need to get gtk2 but whenever I try to install the packages that depend on it says I need glibc 2.0.0 or higher and I have the newest version, although I might have installed a later version over it by accident. Any idea of what I should do??? I have the atk-1.0.3, pango-1.0.5, and pkgconfig-0.15.0 files and none of them can pick up that I have glibc installed. I'm also running Mandrake 9.1 which I just updated to and I thought maybe that would fix the problem but definitely not. Thanks for any help.

Guest Grimey

It says that I need libgtkspell0 and when I install that it says it's still needed by gaim. Maybe I'm not installing it properly? I tried two different ways, one was with the file

libgtkspell0-2.0.0-3mdk.i586.rpm

and the other was with the file

gtkspell-2.0.3-3mdk.src.rpm

but when I run the first one it gives me this error:

file /usr/lib/libgtkspell.so.0.0.0 from install of libgtkspell0-2.0.0-3mdk conflicts with file from package gtkspell-2.0.2-1

any thoughts? I think that maybe I didn't update the package properly or something?