Menu editor, no change

malfist

I can't get the menu to change when I use the menu editor. Nothing happens. I've tried adding an option for rhythmbox but that wouldn't show, I tried moving things but nothing happened. Next I downloaded the newest thunderbird from mozilla's website and I can't add a menu item for it.

How can I do this? I've be right clicking on the menu and selecting edit menu.

Why not use thunderbird from your repository?

Have you set up your source list yet?

If not go to this site EasyUrpmi and follow the instructions on this site.

Open your konsole log in as root like this

$ su
Password:

And now you write or just copy/paste (still as root)

urpmi.removemedia -a

Now you can copy/paste ALL the list that you've got from the EasyUrpmi. (At the end you mayby will have to hit ENTER just once)

After all of this you can just in konsole type this:

urpmi thunderbird

Regarding the menu.

If you install from the repos, the new program will show up in the menu almost every time.

In those 3 years I've been using Mandriva, I think that I've seen one time that it didn't show up in the menu.

If the new package don'e show then try hitting ALT + F2 and type kappfinder, and now you will have a fair chance to find them.

If kappfinder can.t find them then try to find them i the menu editor, you can find all programs in /usr/bin

I really hope this will help you, if not or do you just have new questions just ask again. :D

Sorry, I forgot, it's gnome. I didn't use the repos because it only has 1.5.07 and that doesn't have the exclusive options for gmail.

Regarding the menu.

If you install from the repos, the new program will show up in the menu almost every time.

In those 3 years I've been using Mandriva, I think that I've seen one time that it didn't show up in the menu.

If the new package don'e show then try hitting ALT + F2 and type kappfinder, and now you will have a fair chance to find them.

If kappfinder can.t find them then try to find them i the menu editor, you can find all programs in /usr/bin

I really hope this will help you, if not or do you just have new questions just ask again. :D

I know several that wont show up, like atop, nmap, gpart, etc (and I can't find deluge).

edit: htop does show up.

Edited by malfist

Sorry, I forgot, it's gnome. I didn't use the repos because it only has 1.5.07 and that doesn't have the exclusive options for gmail.

I know several that wont show up, like atop, nmap, gpart, etc (and I can't find deluge).

edit: htop does show up.

I think you should recheck your repos, because I have no trouble finding Thunderbird 2. in my repos.

By the way, which version af Mandriva are you using?

Regarding the menu.

My advice in my first post does only reflect on KDE.

But have you installed AlaCarte, for editing the GNOME menu.

Alacarte worked, it looked exactly like what I was using though ...

I think you was using the program "Menu Editor", and thats a KDE program ;)