Cups says: "is printing.../ready", but it did noth

qeldroma

Equal which version, one day it hangs!!

I got an Epson C62, and after printing some larger documents, it can't print any longer!!

No error, just printer get's ready again, as if it had printed. But he does nothing!!

I get furious about that!! Is it a cups fault? Or Mandrake/KDE/Ghostscript?

After such a faulty print without errors i can't print any more until i reinstall Mandrake!! reinstallation of CUPS/GS/FOOMATIC didn't help out!! Deleting /etc/cups and /var/spool/cups either.

Sorry for the !!, but i am REALLY upset, because i hoped, this is getting fixed now!!

Can you print directly to your printer, ie: echo "hello" > /dev/lp0 or whichever device is conectet your printer to.

what about the reports of lpstat -t Gives it any useful info about what is happening?

Are the jobs queued, or are them directly trashed?

I'm asking that, because I had a similar problem in my slackware-cups, and was because the default printer settings where wrong.

What happens if you try lpr -Pprinter_name file ?

Oh sorry, read this today and had uninstalled CUPS now, installed LPD, now without problems. So i can't try the last idea, sorry to be so impatient, but had urgently to print sthg.

Working now with LPD/turboprint ;-)