nerolinux /proc and /sys are not correctly mounted

opvask

I want to try nerolinux 3 on Mandriva 2007.1 kde although I normally use k3b.

When starting nero 3 I get this message: "/proc and /sys are not correctly mounted"

Is this normal? I can tick the sign so it does not appear the next time I start Nero, but I'm not sure if the message indicates a problem that I should fix.

How to fix this?

Edited by opvask

Does Nero for Linux work if you just ignore the error and continue on?

My guess would be that Mandriva mounts them in a different manner than Nero for Linux expects, but if it doesn't cause any issues with the program, I would just ignore it.

My guess would be that Mandriva mounts them in a different manner than Nero for Linux expects, but if it doesn't cause any issues with the program, I would just ignore it.

This is what I thought too. I just wanted to hear if anyone else got this message and if the solved it somehow.

Unfortunately I cannot try it now, because my trial period ran out (so I'm not sure how important this is). The couple of discs I did burn work fine though.

Yeah, if Nero makes a good disc I'd just ignore the messages.

FWIW, I've been using Nerolinux since v1.0 and v3 since the first beta release. NeroLinux 3.0 is nice, and will even do BluRay or HD-DVD. A BluRay burner is on my wish list, so that may come in handy soon and really make it worth the $25.

NeroLinux 3 is so fine, that you cannot even drag and drop with your mouse the browser panel contents to the compilation window... you have to drag ONE at a time!!! :P

(if you don't believe me, just try it...)

I tried substituting with it K3B in one machine I am using XFCE4 as main desktop (mainly because both Gnomebaker and Brasero suck bigtime...), but I was dissapointed pretty soon, and switched to K3B... after all, QT3 and kdelibs, which are K3B's basic dependencies, are a bit less than 45 MB full, with devel binaries included- not THAT much for the best burner ever on planet earth...

Edited by scarecrow

scarecrow...I don't know why drag-n-drop is messed up for you, but it works fine for me. I'm not gonna get into a war over the best burner, nothign productive in that, but I my perfect burner certainly wouldn't be like Nero or k3b. Both suck in their own way.

As I've stated here before, I use Nero for a little consistency between Win/Linux, for a couple of features not in k3b, becasue I don't have any KDE stuff installed, and to give some support to a company trying to support Linux. I don't think $25 is that much for all that. Add Blu Ray and HD-DVD support, which I don't think k3b has yet, and the choice was clear for me.

Edited by Crashdamage

NeroLinux 3 is so fine, that you cannot even drag and drop with your mouse the browser panel contents to the compilation window... you have to drag ONE at a time!!! :P

(if you don't believe me, just try it...)

I tried substituting with it K3B in one machine I am using XFCE4 as main desktop (mainly because both Gnomebaker and Brasero suck bigtime...), but I was dissapointed pretty soon, and switched to K3B... after all, QT3 and kdelibs, which are K3B's basic dependencies, are a bit less than 45 MB full, with devel binaries included- not THAT much for the best burner ever on planet earth...

Why do you have to come to a thread of someone asking for help with a program and (instead of actually helping) bash the program they are trying? That's not very kind, nor is it very helpful.

I suggest the next time you feel the urge to do that: don't.