spca5xx

Guest Majestic

Guest Majestic

my problem is: i cant use my apache awc -550 webcam at my Mandriva 2007.0 free edition. i found a lot of way and nearly all of them went to http://mxhaard.free.fr/spca5xx.html but it cant be reach... i tried with wget and from my browser but i couldnt do it.

im a newbie on linux and i hope you tell me how i can install this camera and use it with a lot of details to install....

PS: i searched from rpmseek.com and found a few programs with src name. as they are source codes, which one i have to use, and how can i compile/install/make ??? or what must i do? when i tried to install with rpmdrake but it said me that i have to make correction on it.... bla bla bla...

thanks for helps.

Don't worry, you don't need anything that complicated!

All you need to do is follow the instructions here:

http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Docs/Basic_tas...tions_available

to set up the Mandriva repositories. Then, using the Mandriva software installation tools (more info on the same page), install the package called:

dkms-spca5xx

it should also prompt you to install a kernel-source or kernel-source-stripped package. You should make sure the one you install matches the kernel you're running (you can tell what kernel you're running by running 'uname -r').

Just for reference, in later versions of Mandriva, the package has been renamed to dkms-gspcav1 .

Guest Majestic
it should also prompt you to install a kernel-source or kernel-source-stripped package. You should make sure the one you install matches the kernel you're running (you can tell what kernel you're running by running 'uname -r').

Just for reference, in later versions of Mandriva, the package has been renamed to dkms-gspcav1 .

firstly thanks for your answer.

im using 2.6.17.-5mdv....

note: nearly i will cry .... i cant solve anything!.... :( i cant use what i want...like my hands are locked!... i feel so, because i bought an education set and it is exe !!!!!! wine isnt working, cube isint working well as i wanted... i gave up playing game but it is a worse feeling "not able to play" it is hard to tell what i feel when i saw some telling how his/her system working perfect.... :((( -im serious, im not joking.

thanks again.

im using 2.6.17.-5mdv....

note: nearly i will cry .... i cant solve anything!.... :( i cant use what i want...like my hands are locked!... i feel so, because i bought an education set and it is exe !!!!!! wine isnt working, cube isint working well as i wanted... i gave up playing game but it is a worse feeling "not able to play" it is hard to tell what i feel when i saw some telling how his/her system working perfect.... :((( -im serious, im not joking.

Well...i could give you a free advise.....Install 2007 Spring if possible.

Clean install is prefereble but u can try an upgrade and see how it goes....

Hardware suport should be a bit better although Mandriva 2007 Spring should have been shipped with a newer kernel...

Cheers....