updates gone wrong [solved]

phatsteve

My software package updater keeps wanting to install 6 different Nvidia kernels and I have Ati graphics. It also gave me the option for Ati kernel and driver update which I selected. I untick the Nvidia boxes and it is happy for a while, then it tells me updates are available and the boxes are all ticked again, it's starting to get on my nerves. Any ideas?

You may not have installed these cards for nvidia on purpose, but they have come with something during the install (I at least noticed a lot of kernel-drivers for stuff I never had after an install of Mandriva One). I recommend to fire up rpmdrake (or packagemanegement in the control center), goto remove and try to remove your "nvidia related" programs. Rpmdrake will inform you if other (installed) packages require their presence.

Thankyou - that fixed it, I did a search for nvidia in rpmdrake and there were 6 installed entries for nvidia kernels, I uninstalled them and I've now got a green tick instead of a red exclamation mark! I don't know how they got there (It wasn't me!), but it's ok now. Thanks again and thanks to all who took the time to reply.