Acqua Theme for KDE 3.1 in Mandrake 9.1

lawsonrc

I finally got Mandrake 9.1 to work properly on my laptop Toshiba 5005-S507. (Had to fix the ACPI and recompile the kernel as keventd was sucking up 99.7% cpu usage).

I downloaded the theme Acqua from kde-look.org, since I enjoyed using it with MDK9.0.

In a terminal, I then went to the directory where I had extracted it; then I typed in the command line for installing it (I typed it correctly, but I'm at work now in W98SE; I think it was ./install.sh). The next line stated that the theme was installed. THEN about 15 seconds later on a new command line I get the following:

Mutex destroy failure: Device or resource busy.

Why can't I install this theme? I really want it.

Does anyone know how I can get it to work? Also, what the heck is "Mutex" and a "destroy failure"???

Thanks in advance,

Richard L.

P.S. A very special THANKS to BVC (a moderator here) for all his efforts in recompiling the kernel to get ACPI and keventd to work on the laptop. KUDOS!

Guest pipplo

sorry it is offtopic, but what exactly were you trying to do when you fixed acpi?

My laptop can't shutdown...or go to sleep or anything. I couldn't figure out what to do , maybe it's this? mdk 9.0

The default ML9.0 kernel doesn't have acpi enabled but rather has apm enabled :roll: . You'll either have to upgrade the kernel to a version that has it enabled, or compile your current kernel, if your laptop uses acpi and not apm. Lawsonrc's laptop has legacy free bios so the default 9.0 kernel with acpi enabled was still useless and required patches ect..... Though we just about had it licked, 9.1 was released so....no more probs....wrong!....we had to edit and comment out a line in a .c file in the kernel-source and compile because keventd was consuming 99% of the cpu unless another app needed some cpu, which was easy compared to the patches and other programs and patches....it was a mess.

What laptop do you have?