Error problem with XCDRoast.

Pepse

Because I've had a lot of problems I went to XCDROASTs web and downloaded the latest tar.gz file as well as the latest cdrtools file. Well I untarred the cdrtools file and it went good, and then I untarred the XCDRoast and after untarring and doing "./configure" I got an error at the bottom that states:

Checking for gdk -pixbuf -config...no

Checking for GDK_PIXBUF - version >= 0.8.0...no

***The gdk-pixbuf-config script installed by GDK_PIXBUF could not be found

***If GDK_PIXBUF was installed in PREFIX, make sure the PREFIX/bin is in

***your path, or set the GDK_PIXBUF_CONFIG environment variable to the

***full path to gdk-pixbuf-config.

configure: error: Test for gdk_pixbuf failed. See the file INSTALL for help.

Well, I did "install --help" and couldn't really understand what was going on so I decided to do a Google search and after going through the first 12 or so pages the only thing I definately understood is that I apparently need GDK_PIXBUF 0.8.0 devel for Mandrake. The only ones I could find are ones for Mandrake 8.1. Do I really need this file?? If so, does anyone know where I can get the Mandrake 9.0 file??

OK, I did the first line you quoted and mine showed up the same. But, when I did "urpmi libgdk-pixbuf2-devel" I got a "bash: urpmi: command not found" . What did I miss??

Later. Pepse.

Thanx, that worked. I was just going by bvc's picture and there was no mention of going "root" . OK, now that I have gdk-pixbuf installed do I "./configure" XCDRoast again or do I just go to "make" then SU to "root" and "make install" ??

Later. Pepse.

OK, now that I have gdk-pixbuf installed do I "./ configure" XCDRoast again or do I just go to "make" then SU to "root" and "make install" ??
Well yes, but first clean the xcdroast source tree with

make clean

You also might want to do

./configure --prefix=/usr

This installs to /usr/bin and /usr/lib...etc...for a rpm based distro instead of /usr/local/bin, and /usr/local/lib which is for some/most tar based distros. May help ./configure and make find deps. After install if nothing works run

ldconfig -v

Thanx, that worked.  I was just going by bvc's picture and there was no mention of going "root" .  OK, now that I have gdk-pixbuf installed do I "./configure" XCDRoast again or do I just go to "make"  then SU to "root" and "make install" ??

BTW doesn't k3b work?

I don't know if "k3b" works. One reason I downloaded the latest file is because XCDroast wasn't working at all; I get a WARNING: No root configuration file found or not readable! The SU must start and configure blah, blah, blah. So, now my problem is that when I finished the things that bvc mentioned I went out of console and now I can't get back to xcdroast to "make clean". I changed to the tmp directory where the downloaded file is and went to cd to the downloaded tar file and apparently it isn't there because I get an error of "no such file or directory". Is it possible that because of the error it didn't put it in usr/lib or where ever?? When I go to the tmp dir where I downloaded the file that file as well as the un-tarred file are in there but I just can't seem to access it.

Later. Pepse.

I don't know if "k3b" works. One reason I downloaded the latest file is because XCDroast wasn't working at all
This is from the Home page
Standard warning: 

Don't use the versions of X-CD-Roast that are shipped with RedHat, SuSE and all others. All their packages are long outdated and do not work correctly on current computers. (Yes, even RedHat 8.1 beta ships with a broken version that is 18 month old.)

Don't bother to write a bug report from old versions - chances are very high that there are no problems with the current release available here.

I get a WARNING: No root configuration file found or not readable! The SU must start and configure blah, blah, blah.
That's not an error...every user gets that until root says/activates that users can use it.

As for not finding the extracted source...I have no idea???? Did it install ok?...or not? I assume not since you're trying to make clean again. Sometimes it's best to delete a dirty source tree and start over by extracting the tarball all over again...starting fresh.

Strange, I posted last night but it didn't come up on this page. Well anyway, everything is installed and XCDRoast still won't work. I get the same error as before: You have to log in as the root user the first time and start XCDROAST to enable it's non-root mode etc., etc. The screen that came up is the newest Alpha 13, if that helps.

Later. Pepse.