Missing madwifi-kernel-2.6.17-14mdv?

RVDowning

When booting kernel 2.6.17.14 and attempting to configure the wireless I get the following:

"Some packages (madwifi) are required but aren't available.These packages can be found in Mandriva Club or in Mandriva commercial releases.

The following component is missing: ath_pci

The required files can also be installed from this URL:

http://madwifi.org/"

madwifi-source-0.9.3-1.1mdv2007.1.noarch is installed

madwifi-kernel-2.6.17-13mdv is installed, but can't find a similar package for madwifi-kernel-2.6.17-14mdv.

Any ideas?

• 3 months later...

Weird. Try installing the dkms-madwifi, you can search under wifi in the MCC. Hopefully this should rebuild your madwifi upon reboot. This might depend what version you're running, I'm on Mandtiva 2007 Spring Live CD. (well, started with live cd, but have now installed to the system and updated everything....not sure how different this is) Are you running Free? If you can't install from the package manager, try that website, or do an RPM search. Also, how have you gone otherwise with the 2.6.17.14 kernel? Tried to use it but my graphical interface totally stuffed, wouldn't restore properly when I rebooted with 2.6.17.13-legacy, the stock kernel. Had to restore my system with Mondo, I'm sure I did something wrong. Good luck.

Ah, you have the Atheros chipset wireless card. I tried madwifi once, never got it working in 2006 or 2007.0. I always used ndiswrapper, and it worked flawlessly. I know people who have used madwifi here and had success though. I just never did. ndiswrapper was enough for me. I used this with wpa_supplicant too.

Weird. Try installing the dkms-madwifi, you can search under wifi in the MCC. Hopefully this should rebuild your madwifi upon reboot. This might depend what version you're running, I'm on Mandtiva 2007 Spring Live CD. (well, started with live cd, but have now installed to the system and updated everything....not sure how different this is) Are you running Free? If you can't install from the package manager, try that website, or do an RPM search. Also, how have you gone otherwise with the 2.6.17.14 kernel? Tried to use it but my graphical interface totally stuffed, wouldn't restore properly when I rebooted with 2.6.17.13-legacy, the stock kernel. Had to restore my system with Mondo, I'm sure I did something wrong. Good luck.

When i installed Mandriva 2007.1 there wasnt a madwifi package that could put my Athros board working.

Due to this i build new packages in MDE that could put my Atheros working, other users have been with this prob since in mandriva 2007.1 there are missing updated software to put working latest hadware.

In MDE you have a very recent and working dkms-madwif packages and also a recent kernel version build for mdv 2007.1.

Yet it would be better if you could post the output of "lspcidrake -v|grep Atheros"