LAN 2100 Help

Guest yulilgit

Guest yulilgit

Hi All,

Just installed for the first time. Looks like everything is installed, except for the Wireless card, which is an Intel LAN 2100 3B. when I click on it to configure it gives me some jip about:

"Some packages (ipw2100-firmware) are required but aren't available.These packages can be found in Mandriva Club or in Mandriva commercial releases.

Info:

due to missing /lib/firmware/ipw2100-*.fw

The required files can also be installed from this URL:

http://ipw2100.sourceforge.net/firmware.php"

I don't really want to join the club until I decide that I want to stay with this, so could somebody point me in the direction of some (easy to follow for a newbie) instructions on how to go abou getting this to work please? I've downloaded the files, but not sure what to do with them.

Many thanks

Hi All,

Just installed for the first time. Looks like everything is installed, except for the Wireless card, which is an Intel LAN 2100 3B. when I click on it to configure it gives me some jip about:

"Some packages (ipw2100-firmware) are required but aren't available.These packages can be found in Mandriva Club or in Mandriva commercial releases.

Many thanks

Hi, and welcome aboard :)

Read this post for information on how to get access to more software for Mandriva.

After you have done that you should be able to configure wireless. It should then install all required packages automatically.

Guest yulilgit
Hi, and welcome aboard :)

Read this post for information on how to get access to more software for Mandriva.

After you have done that you should be able to configure wireless. It should then install all required packages automatically.

Hi There,

Thanks for coming back to me, it's appreciated. However when I do it comes back like this, did I miss something?

[root@localhost yulilgit]# urpmi.addmedia main ftp://mirror.cricyt.edu.ar/MandrivaLinux/...ia/main/release with media_info/synthesis.hdlist.cz

unable to access hdlist file of "main", medium ignored

urpmi database locked

[root@localhost yulilgit]# urpmi.addmedia --update main_updates ftp://mirror.cricyt.edu.ar/MandrivaLinux/...ia/main/updates with media_info/synthesis.hdlist.cz

urpmi database locked

[root@localhost yulilgit]# urpmi.addmedia contrib ftp://mirror.cricyt.edu.ar/MandrivaLinux/...contrib/release with media_info/synthesis.hdlist.cz

urpmi database locked

[root@localhost yulilgit]# urpmi.addmedia --update contrib_updates ftp://mirror.cricyt.edu.ar/MandrivaLinux/...contrib/updates with media_info/synthesis.hdlist.cz

Many thanks for any help you are able to give

I can access that mirror in Argentina, but it's painfully slow for me.

If it is for you as well, try another mirror.

Or, it may be "the hen and egg problem": You can't sync to any package repository to fix your netowrking, since you don't have your network running... :P

You can either try another temporary network interface (e.g. ethernet, which does not need any special configuration), or download the files from another machine and put them locally.

Using driver ipw2100 for your wireless is quite easy to achieve.