Forum for Metisse specific issues? [solved]

RVDowning

Ok, thanks. I'll monitor the mailing list and the 3D Desktop forum.

Just wanted to monitor stuff related to Metisse and Beryl, to see if either of them get to the point where I could actually use them. Both of them have show stoppers at the moment. (At least from my perspective.)

May I know what those showstoppers are? I'd be interested. I didn't try Bery/Compiz; for Metisse, AFAIC, I see two problems:

- there is no "reset" action (*-rotation=0, scale=100%...) on windows,

- 3D does not work (astronomy, games...)

Yves.

May I know what those showstoppers are? I'd be interested. I didn't try Bery/Compiz; for Metisse, AFAIC, I see two problems:

- there is no "reset" action (*-rotation=0, scale=100%...) on windows,

- 3D does not work (astronomy, games...)

Yves.

3D works fine. It only barfs out if you use XGL, which has always seemed pretty hackish to me.

Hope I don't confuse Metisse and Beryl in my reply. I was trying both of them on and off for a couple of days. Additionally I use dual monitors with kde and Xinerama.

When starting up the system, the system doesn't restore applications to the windows in which they were displayed when the system was shut down. (This might just be Beryl, I don't remember now.)

There was no way to right click on a title bar (or something else) to have a menu come up so that one could easily change the desktop on which an application appeared -- like a "send to desktop" functionality. (Both Metisse and Beryl)

The desktop switcher in the title bar was not in sync with Metisse's virtual desktops. (Both Metisse and Beryl)

I could not get the applications on a specific virtual desktop only to appear in the taskbar. I always got all the applications that were open on the system. (I could only get rid of minimized applications.) So, my taskbar was a mess. (Both Metisse and Beryl)

On a dual screen setup, maximize would maximize across both screens, instead of just one screen. (Metisse only)

When starting a new application, the application would start in the middle of the two monitors, instead of just one or the other. (Metisse only)

This is all that comes to mind at the moment. I would be quite willing to give both Metisse and Beryl another try if these issues can be addressed. I'm sure they will be at some point, but I may just have to wait for another release or so.

Hope I haven't confused the two of them.

Edited by RVDowning