Ownership and permissions for external HD

Guest favar

Are you using 2007.0 or 2007.1?

2007.1 has both ntfs-3g and ntfs-config at the /contrib repo, while 2007.0 only has an old and rather buggy version of ntfs-3g: ntfs-3g-0.1-0.20070714.2mdv2007.0.i586.rpm

If this is the one you have installed, then get the source RPM's from the 2007.1 repos, and rebuild them:

rpm --rebuild ntfs-3g*.rpm
rpm --rebuild ntfs-config*.rpm

You'll need the standard rpmbuild tools installed as well as libglade installed to get ntfs-config working (it's not needed for building).

Guest favar
Are you using 2007.0 or 2007.1?

2007.1 has both ntfs-3g and ntfs-config at the /contrib repo, while 2007.0 only has an old and rather buggy version of ntfs-3g: ntfs-3g-0.1-0.20070714.2mdv2007.0.i586.rpm

If this is the one you have installed, then get the source RPM's from the 2007.1 repos, and rebuild them:

rpm --rebuild ntfs-3g*.rpm
rpm --rebuild ntfs-config*.rpm

You'll need the standard rpmbuild tools installed as well as libglade installed to get ntfs-config working (it's not needed for building).

I'm using 2007.0 (heard some complaints about 2007.1) I installed the tar ntfs-3g-1.714.tar.gz seemingly

without a hitch. I can now mount and unmount but still can't change ownership when mounted. I would

rather have used rpms to install....too late now. I have gone thru all the development files and haven't

found libglade. Perhaps this distro didn't include it. Thanks again for the inputs and suggestions. I intend to plug along

until I find the solution............Cheers.........favar