How to install mandriva 2007.1 KDE?

farhad

I downloaded mandriva one 2007.1 from the official site. It works as a live CD but when i try to install it on my hard drive after copying files nothing else happens. When i restart my computer without the CD in the CD Rom it starts by booting XP, nothing about options of booting mandriva. I am trying to use mandriva 2007.1 as a second OS along with Widows XP Pro.

Can anybody help me out with the installation.

My hardware profile is

Processor Intel Pentium D(core Duo)

Motherboard Intel 965

RAM 512 (533 kingston)

Asus DVD rom

Sony DVD-RW

Edited by farhad

After copying the live cd to your system, you'd probably have to add boot menu entries manually. Go to MCC (Mandriva Control Center) / System start / Boot options (Boot loader menu) and make appropriate changes. Normally you can skip to the second page and check wether entries for Windows and Mandriva exist. They should be created automatically. After GRUB was installed to the MBR (or your first harddrive/partition), you can exit MCC, reboot and check wether it worked.

Good luck!

EDIT: woooo. I read your question again. Perhaps I did misunderstand the problem? I did not think you were able to install 2007.1 but it seems this is a matter of not being able to start Mandriva after installing? I have deleted my previous suggestions. I thought this was an install issue, Sorry

Perhaps this thread can help.

https://mandrivausers.org/index.php?showtopic=40743&hl=

Edited by opvask