Mandriva 2007 has no shutdown option

Guest asdex

Guest asdex

I have successfully installed Mandrive 2007 but have a couple of glitches. I can't shut it down. The shutdown button just logs me out. Also it doesn't connect to the net over my dial up modem. I have to go though the network configuration each time although my information is still there so I don't have to add it each time.

I did try for the shutdown problem going to control centre-system-display manager-change it to MdkKMD but I expect 2007 is different and these instructions are for an early version.

Does anyone know how to fix these two problems?

Thanks

asdex

I have successfully installed Mandrive 2007 but have a couple of glitches. I can't shut it down. The shutdown button just logs me out.
So you have a shutdown button. If you've been using the wrong display manager(KDM,GDM etc) you'd only have a logout button. Just for the record though if you are a KDE user you should use KDM, if you are a Gnome user you should use GDM.

But it's very likely the problem lies elsewhere. Can you shutdown your computer from the command line (halt or shutdown -h now)?

Also it doesn't connect to the net over my dial up modem. I have to go though the network configuration each time although my information is still there so I don't have to add it each time.

I did try for the shutdown problem going to control centre-system-display manager-change it to MdkKMD but I expect 2007 is different and these instructions are for an early version.

Does anyone know how to fix these two problems?

Thanks

asdex

Launch the network connect wizard (drakconnect) from the command line (konsole or xterm) and watch the messages it produces.