Support for Vista Remote Keyboard (KB-2950)

naudefj

Most likely it will, in the worst case you would have to manually assign all the keys, but do yourself a favour don't buy Trust (even if it's dutch), they're products REALLY suck. Buy a Logitech or MS keyboard instead(*), they are not to expensive and will work.....

*but not the bluetooth keyboards because they really too

Edited by ffi

Any Logitech or Microsoft keyboard should do, ask the vendor to try them out, at least get the feel of the keys and mouse. I am happy with my new Logitech MX3200, though I had first gotten the far more expensive MX5000 with bluetooth, which really sucked, connectionwise, constantly resulting in multiple keystrokes or delayed keystrokes....

• 5 months later...
This one looks nice: Ione Scorpius P20 2.4GHz Wireless USB Keyboard with Built-in Thumb Stick

http://www.ione.com.tw/2005/products/media/htm/sc-p20.htm

Has anyone got this one? Does anyone know if it works with Mandriva (and Linux in general)?

A quick message (if any) would be appreciated, as I'm planning to buy one in 2½ hours... ;)

No doubt. But this is for the livingroom and it's got to be wireless and as small as possible. And the one I had earlier didn't work from more than two meters from the PC... This works from a lot longer distance.

My wife seems happier now, with the kb and mouse out of sight... :D

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I've ran into a problem with this one (Scorpius: http://www.ione.com.tw/2005/products/media/htm/sc-p20.htm).

Does anyone know how to make Grub respond to this USB/wireless KB/mouse thingy? I have (on my family room PC) a dual boot system with MDV Spring and WinXP Home. I've got Grub and there Mandriva Spring as a first choice. But I cannot choose Windows from Grub as it doesn't respond to the keybord at all.

The initial boot (BIOS) does not respond to this thing (IOne Scorpius), but when I press DEL on my other KB and enter the BIOS settings I can make BIOS choises with Scorpius without any problems. I tried to find a setting which would allow the USB kb (or anything even sligthly resembling that choice), but couldn't.

Currently I have two choices:

1) to keep another kb always onsight (I hate that option)

2) to always first boot to Linux and there reboot (from KDE) to windows (takes time to do that).

I'm not particulary keen on either of the choices, so I'm asking the good folks here in MUB: does anyone know any remedy?

- Edit -

This is the HW setup:

System # 2

Display card: Club 3D radeon X700 Pro 256 MB PCI-e (ATI)

Processor: Intel P4 HT 3.0 GHz

Motherboard: ABIT AG8V 3rd eye

Memory: 1024 Mb 400MHz DDR

System: Dual boot with WinXP Home & Madriva 2007.0 Free

Edited by dude67

It seems your Ione kb is exactly the same as my Trust one! I'll have to try at home if the kb is known at boot.

My first idea is that it is a matter of compatibility. Did you try changing the BIOS setting for "legacy USB support" or "USB keyboard"?

Yves