Survey on Document Readers

Guest sharadb

Guest sharadb

Hello Everyone,

I'm working on a open source project for document readers for which I'd like to invite you to complete this survey,

http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~soma/surveys/index.php?sid=2

Your effort will go a long way in making open source software better !

Regards,

Sharad Baliyan

SUID, NID

[moved from Forum Discussion by spinynorman - welcome aboard :)]

I took the survey. It is straight forward. (Except the education section uses European terminology. In the US, a "Doctorate or higher" is misleading in that a Doctorate is already the highest. I assume that it means "Masters or higher".)

In many european countries there used to be the magister artium (M.A.), dissertation and the habilitation. The first one is Masters, the second one earns you the grade of Dr., the third one the grade of PD or Prof. (latter one if you are officially contracted to a full-time job at a University).

Yes, I knew it was terminology. In the US, we have a Bachelors, Masters, then Doctorate. There are various technical degrees which are not 4 year degrees, and are therefore not considered a Bachelors, although many schools will consider partial credit toward a bachelors, depending upon the tech school.