Mdk 9.1 and driver instalation for Usb modem. I Need Help

Guest Delorian

Guest Delorian

Hi all!

I´ve installed Mandrake 9.1 and it works fine. But i´m traying now to install my USB modem and i´m not able.

My modem is a Comtrend CT-350 USB Modem and has no linux drivers, but it works perfectly whith Sagem Fast 800 drivers. I´ve been using it with Mandrake 9.0 and everythig was ok.

These drivers are here at Sagem (Fast L2.0.1 Standard Version), and I followed the english userguide. The userguide is oriented for Mandrake 9.0.

The problem starts whit the compilation of the source code (i think). My problem is that i´m a linux rookie and i have no idea about the solution :oops:

I copied everything from the console (and the errors) in this link.

If you can help me ill be very happy, becouse linux without internet is not a good thing :? .

Please... i´m not good at linux so explain me in an easy way.

Thank you very much!!!

PD: My modem es from Wanadoo Go (internet provider) in Spain.

PD2: Excuse my english (i hope you can undestand me) :oops:

I see that you did

./Install_All linux-2.4.21-0.13mdk

and the instructions say

./install_all linux-2.4.19-16mdk

case sensitive-install not Install and all not All. Though I don't know why it even did anything after this.

If not, my next guess is the compiler version it was compiled against (gcc). I got a lot of parse error's, warning: function declaration's, and request for member, errors while trying to compile wvstreams (for wvdial) on LFS (linux from scratch) with gcc-3.2 and it was compiled against gcc-2.95. Since no one had hacked the code with a fix, the only way to make it work was to install gcc-2.95 along side gcc-3.2. More than I was willing to do, so I used kppp.

Guest Delorian

Actually, the filename is Install_All.... if I try install_all I get a not found message.

I've installed gcc2.96 (the one that comes in Mdk 9.1 cds) and tried to use it to compile the driver instead of gcc-3.2.2 but I get the same error :(

Now there is a new driver at Sagem (fast800.2.0.2) so i tried to install it but again the same error is there!!!! :evil:

Why if it worked with Mdk9.0 it doesn't work with Mdk9.1?

What else can i do?

Thank you in advance !!