3D Desktop Effects Problem

Peter_APIIT

I using Mandriva Linux 2007 Powerpack in my computer which i installed few days ago. Everything works fine and smooth.

Unfortunately, this circumstances doesn't last long because i installed the 3D desktop effects packages.

After the installation, i reboot my pc. Disaster has comes. I successfully boot into X environemnt but after i typed the login ID and password, it just hang there. I still can press numlock and move the mouse but nothing is display.

I have login in text mode and launched the mcc in text mode and check the configuration of 3D desktop effects but the screen that your system doesn't support 3D desktop effects.

I using Geforce 7100GS graphical cards and i choose the nvidia gefore 7 series as my driver for this graphics card.

Any method to remove the 3D desktop effects packages or fixed it ?

Your help is greatly appreciated by me and others.

Hope GOD will blessed you all ?

A billion thanks for any help.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Thanks !!!

Thanks.Thanks.Thanks.Thanks.Thanks.Thanks.Thanks.

You need to get the nvidia proprietary drivers installed in order to get 3-d. I you have set up your sources, you can login, su to root, and type "urpmi nvidia" and urpmi will install the dkms packages.

Did you install the nvidia driver from their installer or the dkms packages?

What happens when you press ctrl-alt backspace? (reboots the x server)

Also, if you launch from the command line, it will list some errors that could be useful. Can you boot to command line and type "startx" ? Remember, ctrl-alt-bckspc will kill the x server.