LM91 can't mount USB FlashCard reader

Guest gervaldi

Guest gervaldi

With LM9.0 (and other distributions -including gentoo) I had no problems to mount my usb flashcard reader (Sandisk SDDR-09).

But... with LM9.1 just can't... I have tried using parameters of LM90 in the fstab file with no luck. The console where I launch the mount command (as root) freeze, if later I open Konqueror it freezes, the entire system become unstable, even I have to shutdown with the button in the case.

My system has a CDROM, a CDWriter ide, 1 HD.

Other things work fine.

Here is a copy of my fstab:

---------------------------

/dev/hda1 / ext3 defaults 1 1

none /dev/pts devpts mode=0620 0 0

/dev/hda6 /home ext3 defaults 1 2

none /mnt/cdrom supermount dev=/dev/hdb,fs=auto,ro,--,iocharset=iso8859-15,codepage=850,umask=0 0 0

none /mnt/cdrom2 supermount dev=/dev/scd0,fs=auto,ro,--,iocharset=iso8859-15,codepage=850,umask=0 0 0

none /mnt/floppy supermount dev=/dev/fd0,fs=auto,--,iocharset=iso8859-15,sync,codepage=850,umask=0 0 0

none /proc proc defaults 0 0

/dev/hda5 swap swap defaults 0 0

/dev/scsi/host1/bus0/target0/lun0/cd /mnt/cdrecorder auto ro,noauto,user,exec 0 0

#this is what I added

/dev/sda1 /mnt/sandisk auto user,iocharset=iso8859-15,kudzu,codepage=850,noauto,umask=0,exec 0 0

-----------------

What is wrong???

It always worked, why not now???

Note: if I don't add the line /dev/sda1........ another errors appears telling me it can't recognize the filesystem, to many mounting points,etc...

Remove the line in your fstab and then reboot with the device connected. Now try to mount is manually as root like that:

mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt/sandisk

If it doesn't work then post the output of the following commands here so that we better understand what is going on.

cat /proc/bus/usb/devices

dmesh | grep usb

Guest gervaldi

Well, I found on another site a similar problem and a solution (not perfect but...)

Booting the system with a card INSIDE the card reader makes an entry in fstab, and create a /mnt/memory_card directory, then mount the disk using as root mount /mnt/memory_card, for same reason it won't work always, you receive a weird error about the mounting, but if I try several times the command, eventually the mount command works fine and I'm able to read the card.

After 3 reboots with the card inside, the mount command worked in the first try. Something strange is going on here. But works...

I will keep you informed.