This Newbie is Lost

Guest ragadude

Guest ragadude

I was able to download and burn this iso file Mandriva-2007.0-One-Metisse.i586.iso. Popped it into my CD-ROM and was able to boot from it without any problem. Now, i want to install mandriva into my hard drive. Problem is i can't find any button to click that will start the installation process. What is the syntax for the command to start the hard drive installation using the Terminal/Command Line? I've looked all over the forum but can't find a similar topic. Can anyone help me? Thanks.

This edition of Mandriva is rather a demo or test of a new feature of the new release IMHO. The underlying system is stable but I don't know how will you get updates for Metisse if something goes wrong.

If you still want to install it the command is draklive-install. Launch as root. It doesn't work as normal user.

Guest ragadude
This edition of Mandriva is rather a demo or test of a new feature of the new release IMHO. The underlying system is stable but I don't know how will you get updates for Metisse if something goes wrong.

If you still want to install it the command is draklive-install. Launch as root. It doesn't work as normal user.

Thanks a lot. I'm just trying out different distros to see which one fits my needs.