WoW and Cedega, again... [solved]

Guest abecc2000

Guest abecc2000

I know this has been posted again and again... I've been googling for hours but haven't found a working answer yet.

I'm relatively new to Linux, and chose Mandriva for its claim to an easy and graphical setup as well as compatability to some of my favorite games. I've configured it just as the GDDB has told me to (-opengl to commandline, edited Config.wtf, ect.) but when I attempt to start World of Warcraft it says "World of Warcraft was unable to startup 3d acceleration".

Please help!

ATI Radeon Xpress 200M

AMD Turion 64

1GB RAM

Mandriva 2007 Powerpack+

As joaopa suggested, your system might not have direct rendering enabled. You can check it with:

$ glxinfo |grep direct

If the answer is no, then you will have to install the ATI drivers and configure direct rendering. There are posts on this board that explain how to do this, so search for them.

I used to play World of Warcraft in Cedega and it worked very well with very little effort (I just had to change a config file to get the mouse targeting working properly, but I think this has since been fixed).

• 2 weeks later...
and make sure to have a space between the | and grep:
glxinfo | grep direct

otherwise it probably won't work right ;)

It's never made a difference for me :huh: I always pipe things up against the | - although tyme's example is more correct ;)

Really? I thought it would crap out, thinking that the "|" and "grep" where the same command - "|grep" - and just stop with "command not found".

Well try it and you'll see that it still works :P

$ cat /etc/resolv.conf |grep server
nameserver 192.168.0.1

:thumbs: