Network printer problem - Mods please check

phunni

I have a printer installed on my Linux desktop that works absolutely fine (HP DeskJet 5550). I want to be able to share it with other computers on my network - one Linux and twop windows machines. As I'm sharing with windows machines - I figured the best way was to share to everything via samba. So I began to merrily set everything up and it all seemed to be going fine - all the network computers could "see" the printer and installed it and acted as if everything was fine - but they can't print.

Again, the remote machines act like it's all fine asnd as if they are printing - but nothing ever get's through. CUPS does not even register the new jobs.

I have checked to see if my firewall is getting in the way - but it really doesn't seem to be: I still get the same problem even when the firewall is switched off

Any suggestions - I reall need to get this printer shared - my wife's final year project is due in a couple of days and it would be MUCH easier to be able to print it at home!