lcd monitor screen burned!?

ffi

Hit the reset button on your LCD monitor. May be called Auto.

Yes, I am sure your monitor has one.

If that doesn't fix it then it means a repair or replacement job, hopefully it is still under warranty.

Cheers. John

Argh It's still there. It's just about 18 months old, and I think I only have 12 month waranty, even it were still under waranty my administration is such a mess I would never find before the waranty does run out :wall: Damn it was an almost E400 monitor

try this, also this article may be helpful. LCD monitors don't burn-in, but they have what is called "image persistence". The best way to avoid this is with a screensaver and having your monitor turn off when you've been away from the PC.

So, tyme, you may be another lifehacker.com reader, huh? I love that site. It is one of the most useful sites I've ever come across (in addition to MUsB, of course!)

I didn't know that anyone else here read that site, so I was sure I was going to be able to cite that LCD Burn In article, but damn, you beat me to it! :D

try this, also this article may be helpful. LCD monitors don't burn-in, but they have what is called "image persistence". The best way to avoid this is with a screensaver and having your monitor turn off when you've been away from the PC.

Thanks, I hope this works. On a bright note I managed to create my very first GIMP image: a 1280x1024 all with png

Frankly I do not think yours is a burn in problem.

Have you tried another computer just in case it is a video card problem ???. Have you tried a more up to date video driver ?? . I suggest trying these first before getting into the repair or replacement mode.

Check that your lcd has a 3 yrs warranty.

Nearly all well known named brands here in Australia have a 3 yr warranty ( a lot of the remainder have 2 yr warrantys) for 17, 19 and larger LCDs so your country may be the same. (Mine is a Samsung 19" and I have 3yrs for it)

Check with your supplier and see if they have a record of the sale.

Cheers. John.

So, tyme, you may be another lifehacker.com reader, huh? I love that site. It is one of the most useful sites I've ever come across (in addition to MUsB, of course!)

I didn't know that anyone else here read that site, so I was sure I was going to be able to cite that LCD Burn In article, but damn, you beat me to it! :D

I read it every now and then, but in this instance it was just a standard google search that took me to the article :)

tyme !!!!!!!!

You just repaired my 19' TFT monitor which had a small white line at the top (result of an extensive monitor-edid bug-fixing cooker test last year).

I owe you something :luv:

--chris

Glad I can help :thumbs: - I'm surprised, and glad, to see you're still alive and stop by here from time to time ;)

ffi - it may take a while, but if it's fading out that's a good sign. just remember to set up a screensaver then ;)