• Announcements

• spinynorman

Mandriva Official Documentation

Official documentation for extant versions of Mandriva can be found at doc.mandriva.com.   Documentation for the latest release may take some time to appear there. You can install all the manuals from the main repository if you have Mandriva installed - files are prefixed mandriva-doc.
    • paul

Forum software upgrade   10/29/17

So you may have noticed the forum software has upgraded !!!
      A few things that have changed. We no longer have community blogs (was never really used) We no longer have a portal page.
      We can discuss this, and decide whether it is needed (It costs money) See this thread: Here
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Max-B

Authentication token is no longer valid

Guest Max-B

I'm not shure it is a network problem, but I feel it is.

I have a Mandriva Free 2007 machine with two network card. Durig the installation process I configured the network interfaces with two different static ip an two host name: host and host2. In the consolle the name displyed were host.

Then I decided to switch off a network card and the host name is changed to host2 that is good for me. The problem is that now I have an error in the crond application:

Dec 28 12:34:01 Host2 crond[28654]: Authentication token is no longer valid; new one required

I have this error every one minute.

Does anybody knows how can I resolve the problem?

Max-B

The machine should always have the same hostname as far as I know, and never be configured for two different hostnames. Unless I'm mistaken, but I think not.

Guest gmkeegan

It may not be a networking issue. The only time I've seen this message was when the account trying to run the cron job had an expired/inactive password. Try running "chage -l account" to list the expiration info for the account and/or setting a new password for it.

Gordon

Guest Sameed Ahmed

Your cron job of Host2 is failed, coz password expired

Just reset the Password of user " Host2 " , it will work fine !!!

And do login via user "Host2" , at list once a week !!! :)

Edited by Sameed Ahmed