MDK9.0 and MS intellimouse ps2

Guest mooky486

Guest mooky486

Okay, default install of MDK9.0, told ti my mouse was an MS Internet Explorer mouse, it detects and sees it fine.

I go into X, and it works.

Problems start when I leave X, my mouse seems to hang at the top of the console and then no longer functions as it should. It's just stuck there.

I've looked into /etc/init.d/gpm /etc/sysconfig/mouse and /etc/X11/XF86Config .... can anyone give me a hint on how to resolve this mouse problem.

Guest mooky486

It must be, the wheel works in X properly.

I wish I could get buttons 4/5 working also, but thats less of a concern then getting the mouse to stop freezing when I exit from X. It still responds, but it only highlights the top line, and not in any neat fashion, it just sits there having a tizzy fit and if i try to move my mouse it highlights and copies commands from that top line to the prompt seemingly randomly. Its a gpm conflict I've been told, but I have no idea on how to resolve it. something about /dev/mouse /dev/psaux (which is what the mouse pointer is using right now. *shrug*

Guest josetann

I used to have the same problem except it would randomly screw up in KDE. Actually it used to do that in win98 too. Didn't have a problem with win2k. That mouse later died and I had to buy a new one, the new version (version 3.0 I think) had no problems whatsoever, with linux, win98, win2k, or winxp. Ok it's not much to go on, but if your mouse is having sporadic problems, it's worth a try to get a replacement.

Also, are you using it on the PS/2 port or on USB? Might try the PS/2 port if you're not already.

Lastly, to get the side buttons working, at least in KDE (will work with other window managers, just don't know offhand how to do the autostart), I have a how-to posted here.

Guest mooky486

figured it out. IT is the fact I am using a KVM switch. A Startech 2 port non-power one. Somehow when it kicks out of X it goes haywire .. so I'll either live with it, which isn't a big deal, or I'll just hook up another mouse directly to the system. Thanx for your help however josetann and ezroller.