Booting from LIVE CD keeps freezing

Guest Mika

Help!

I have downloaded Mandriva 2007 live CD.

First time I have booted it upitworked well. I have set all infos that setupa sked me(timezones,language... 3D enviorment). And then I have shut it down.

When I tried to boot it up again, half an hour later it didn't work anymore. I have noticed that booting freezes at point after HAL daemon.It says "OK"for HAL daemon but then system just stops booting from CD. CD rom and diks stop working...system frozen.

I really like Mandriva it lokos amazing and I want to finally go from Windows to linux but situations like this doesn't help.

Can anyone help me...please...

Edited by Mika

Welcome!

First, some clarity. Have you installed the distro or are you just booting live?

What is your hardware?

Might I also suggest changing your thread name to a more descript question rather than HELP! It will attract better attention. After all, everyone here needs help. ;)

Welcome!

First, some clarity. Have you installed the distro or are you just booting live?

What is your hardware?

Might I also suggest changing your thread name to a more descript question rather than HELP! It will attract better attention. After all, everyone here needs help. ;)

Thanky you Sir for answering my thread.

Ok bringing some clarity back.

I have laptop P4-2.6Ghz, 512 RAM, ATI mobility Radeon 64Mb...if additional infosneeded let me know.

And yes for now I am only trying to lear linux,and I am booting it fromlive CD. I haven't installed it to my hard drive.

Thanky you for suggestion,I will chage my thread name. I really appreciate help.. :D

I'd try one of the boot options from the menu before you boot the CD. I think you can type something like:

linux noapic

and see if that does it. If not, you can try others like:

nolapic
acpi=off

and you can just add them to the end of the original line I provided, so something like:

linux noapic nolapic

and then just add the last one, acpi if you have problems with that not working. Post back and let us know how you're getting on.