ROOTSYSTEM�002

willisoften

Could you give a little more details on where you saw this in the windig's device manager? What catagory is it listed under?

It's under System Devices.

I looked it up on google and all I can get is other peoples device manager printouts with the same thing appearing. One page was from a Red Hat user which led me to think it might actually be my Linux hard drive.

Generally speaking, system devices in winblows are items that are coming from the motherboard, specifically the chipset and scsi or ide controllers. It would really be weird if a linux harddrive would show up there!

I think that the drive shows up because of the bios read, but then windirestraights reports it as an unformatted drive. What is the chipset?

Are you sure that the 761 chipset has the drivers installed correctly? Remember, only Intel chipsets are set correctly by windfluff; everybody else needs special attention.

You know, the 761 is an AMD chip, and apparently your board is using a VIA southbridge. Make sure that you have used the correct service pack for that combo. I suspect that this is the problem, although if there are no other issues besides the listing, it's best to let it go.