Installation disappears

Guest gdi1942

Guest gdi1942

I've browsed the forums and IRC's and i haven't found an answer yet as to what to do.

I have Mandriva one CD and it all boots ok with no problems, I got to install with the shortcut on the desktop and setup my filesystem and such and it says "Copying files"

About 3/4 of the way through the copy the install screen just disappears. Now i'm siting there back at the desktop and if i reboot without the disk my BIOS says no operating system found. so I don't kno what happened

Is there a way to manually install Mandriva One with the terminal or launch the setup with the terminal so we can see what's happening?

It could also be some screwy power management....

Start off as ffi says, its the #1 and easiest and if its a bad burn or bad download then whatever you do it wonj't work properly

You can check the MD5 sum for the download and burn and this should verify or not the CD.

Guest gdi1942

The version is 2007, I am unwilling to download the full installation disk because it's huge. I'm unsure how to check the disk against an MD5 checksum. I still have the ISO on my desktop as well so if i need to burn again no worries. It was downloaded with Utorrent, i thought utorrent automatically check the bit that it recivers against the checksum.

Edited by gdi1942

Guest gdi1942

Wait i decided to try installing using my good computer on the hard drive. and at aobut 3/4 thorugh before it disappears it says in the corner "100% of disk space used on /mnt/install/ shortly after it stops. But the drive is a 2.5 gb disk and the fold says free space = 1.3

The version is 2007, I am unwilling to download the full installation disk because it's huge. I'm unsure how to check the disk against an MD5 checksum. I still have the ISO on my desktop as well so if i need to burn again no worries. It was downloaded with Utorrent, i thought utorrent automatically check the bit that it recivers against the checksum.

I think you can download just the first CD and install and use the net to install the rest (I even believe there's a net install mini CD...)

About the MD5 checksum, there was a FAQ here somewhere :dry:

Guest gdi1942

Alright so i found one on there the mini ISO it's one CD it sais wioth the minimum rquirements to run. I downlaod and burn in and test it on my comp and it boots. Now when i put it on the other one, it loads up a screen with lots of text and haults at

malloc 3: 0x0 0x0

and just sits there, i've tried several differant memory cards and still nothing. Weird?

I've read this forum with no luck as i cannot install from the live CD like he was able to do. So now it all comes back to that post. Mine locks up in the identical fasion that his does and none of the F1, F3, Esc, Tab work becuase it loads so fast and all the defaults are being picked for me.

Problem was solved when i removed the netowrk card, but how will i get Mandriva to load the network card once it's installed?

I can now get the the splash screen at which point i pick installation and it restarts during the progress bar saying : " Loading Linux Kernel"

Kinda like a stop error actually, i've tried differant memory modules

Edited by gdi1942

After it's installed, put the network card in the machine. The harddrake service will detect your hardware and configure accordingly.

Afterwards, you can then configure the network connection after once the system has booted.