Flash won't work in Mozilla 1.7.13

Pepse

I am running Mandriva 2006 PowerPack, and flash will not work, but as I mention it works fine in Firefox, whatever version is in Mandriva 2006 PP. I looked at the Preferences for Mozilla and I am sure everything is OK. Any ideas?

Pepse.

Okay, I go to "edit" - "preferences" - "advanced" - "scripts and plug-ins" and the box is checked for "enable plug-ins for mail and newsgroups" and of course the boxes are checked for Javascript. But in edit-preferences-navigator the is a piece called "helper applications" and when viewing it it shows a box that is empty and that box is for file types (above the box it states: Specify how to handle files of each file type), and next to the box it has "New Type". So I click on "New Type" and the next page has "mime type", "description" and "extension" and below that it has "When a file of this type is encountered (1) open it using the default application (the box is checked) (2) Open it with ..........? (3) Save it to disk. If you are not sure what I should do here do you think I should remove Fire Fox and hope that Mandriva will consider Mozilla as what needs flash?

Later. Pepse.

Javascript is not the same as flash.

"Mail and newsgroups" is not the same as browser.

Plugins are not the same as helper applications.

Don't remove firefox - you just need to tell Mozilla how to find the flash plugin. It shouldn't be a problem for both Mozilla and Firefox to use the Flash plugin. Did you follow the advice above? Have you tried typing about:plugins into the URL bar to see if Flash is listed?

If that doesn't work you could try downloading the flash plugin from adobe.com (1MB) and installing it yourself.

First of all I was going to download Flash from Adobe but it stated that I already have Flash, but I could've wrote over it and didn't. And, I typed "about:plugins" in the url bar and it shows: MIME type x , Description: All types , Suffixs x , Enabled: YES.

Later. Pepse.