Floppy not present in devices (media:/, mdv 2007)

doutor.zero

Hi again, and sorry for my english,

After a fresh Mandriva 2007 Powerpack install, i discovered that there is no floppy icon inside the Devices window (media:/). The floppy is mounted in /mnt/floppy, but for some reason the media kioslave don't recognize it (in media:/fd0), so no icon is displayed.

For me this is not a problem, because I can create a shortcut but, for my parents/brothers, is nice they have a icon in a place where they can find without asking me, like it was in Mandriva 2006.

So, do you have the same problem? Is there any way to make the kioslave mount and display the floppy? I had read that KDE 3.5.x reads the devices directly, not from fstab, so maybe Mandriva forgot to update some configuration file (or maybe this is a bug in KDE).

What do you think?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by doutor.zero

Seu inglês ainda é muito melhor do que o meu português :sad:

ermm well for my all non-standard filetypes (like ntfs-3g or captive-ntfs) are not mounted in :/media :sad: I filed a bug-report both for mandriva and kde, long time ago but still nothing :sad:

I made hardlinked shortcuts as a work around....

Edited by ffi

Seu inglês ainda é muito melhor do que o meu português :sad:

ermm well for my all non-standard filetypes (like ntfs-3g or captive-ntfs) are not mounted in :/media :sad: I filed a bug-report both for mandriva and kde, long time ago but still nothing :sad:

I made hardlinked shortcuts as a work around....

Não se preocupe com seu português. ;)

After some research with Google, I discovered a post in a Ubuntu forum where they discuss something similar to this. There I found a link to a KDE bug about floppy mounting issues, said to be fixed, even if people still voting on it. In a comment, one developer says that bug is closed so the problem may be with the distro HAL scripts.

I remember reading one topic about this in the Mandriva Club forum, but they simple ignore the issue (like, until now, they did with my topic there).

This is really frustrating... I hoped that this time Mandriva had learn from 2006 problems, bug again I will have to wait months until they fixed all 2007 problems (most XGL related).

Thanks.

Edited by doutor.zero

Não se preocupe com seu português. ;)

Tenho que aprender pq meu filhino só fala português :sad:

This is really frustrating... I hoped that this time Mandriva had learn from 2006 problems, bug again I will have to wait months until they fixed all 2007 problems (most XGL related).

I found this too but I also found the devs to be very aproachable on irc and that going online there is the best way to get you stuff fixed....

Tenho que aprender pq meu filhino só fala português :sad:

Ele é brasileiro, ou sua mulher? Português é uma idioma meio chato, mas acho você está escrevendo bem, de forma clara. Em alguns fóruns aqui no Brasil é impossível entender o que muitos brasileiros escrevem. :)

I found this too but I also found the devs to be very aproachable on irc and that going online there is the best way to get you stuff fixed....

With my poor english it's quite hard to do a IRC chat. Maybe I will report this as a bug.

Bye.

Edited by doutor.zero