Icon alignment problems in KDE 3.5.4 [solved]

Guest gotang

Guest gotang

I've just installed Mandriva Free 2007.0, and it's all working beautifully, except that Konqueror seems to be having issues with aligning icons to a grid. The problem seems to be that when the filename wraps onto two lines, that icon sometimes takes up two slots. All other icons are appropriately displayed. Here's a screenshot illustrating:

snapshot.png

As you can see, the folder backgrounds is in the wrong place, but all others are fine. This is KDE 3.5.4.

Does anyone have any ideas what has caused this and (more importantly), how I can fix it? It's not so bad in the screenshot above, but it's really annoying where it happens to more folders.

Thanks

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

I put the value down to "1", which isn't ideal (it means that most of my filenames now appear truncated and with an ellipsis), but a good enough work around. I also found that if you increase the icon size (view>Icon Size), the increased grid size means that wrapping of filenames doesn't happen and you don't get the weird alignment issues, so that's another alternative.

It's not ideal, but it's a minor enough problem that I don't think it's worth my while trying to find a way to fix it properly!