Hanging on shutdown, I think it's a firewall thing

Guest BooYah

Guest BooYah

My computer will hang on shutdown. I looked in the message log and found this line, right before where it shutsdown Jserver, which is where it hangs for a few minutes.

All I get is a blank page when I enter the address in the URL. Does anyone else see anything?

Mar  9 09:33:22 localhost kernel: DROPPED IN= OUT=eth0 SRC=192.168.0.2 DST=203.251.80.132 LEN=52 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=64 ID=80 DF PROTO=TCP SPT=1459 DPT=22273 SEQ=1149661001 ACK=0 WINDOW=5840 RES=0x00 SYN URGP=0 OPT (020405B40101040201030300)

edited........

I'm using guarddog.I made a user defined protocal for TCP on port 22273, and now things shut down cleanly, but I'm still wondering what that address is. ISP? Did I just make a hole in my firewall seeing as all TCP pakcets going to 22273 are allowed?

Guest BooYah

No shutdown problems when I uninstall guarddog.

Port 22237 and wnn must be connected to shutting down jserver, but why would my box have to send anything to that IP?

I think I'm going to throw in the towel on this whole guarddog/firestarter/shorewall thing and just write up my own iptables script. Wish me luck.

Guest BooYah

I unchecked that user-defined protocal in guarddog, then tried to shutdown jserver in the services menu, and it hung for few minutes before shutting down jserver. Then I rebooted without any problems.

I don't get it. Why does jserver need to connect to the internet? Is anybody else here using jserver or the chinese or korean equivalent?