kfloppy broken

Trio3b

Running MDK 10.2 on 2 different PCs. Don't have much use for floppy drive anymore, but occasionally need it. Poked around a bit and found very little on kfloppy except a couple of bug reports on broken kfloppy formatting. Looked for updates, but no dice.

What's up with floppy drives? Read somewhere about problems with udev. Fstab is OK and drive works, but is inconsistent on both PCs and sometimes reads drives, sometimes not. Files are listed with random fonts and broken characters, etc. Kfloppy missing man command page and will not format. Sometimes have to format in Windows.

Any help appreciated

Edited by Trio3b

Sorry, but I have not built a machine with a floppy in 2 years. Since I don't use it, I am unaware of these issues and cannot even attempt to troubleshoot, not having a floppy on any machine in the house!

Sorry, but I have not built a machine with a floppy in 2 years. Since I don't use it, I am unaware of these issues and cannot even attempt to troubleshoot, not having a floppy on any machine in the house!

Well, ordinarily I wouldn't worry about it but sometimes kids need an assignment taken to school. I don't mind losing a floppy. Can't afford to lose a pendrive tho' and burning a cd for a 20kb file seems a waste.